Chicago Title Insurance Company has been providing security for real estate transactions for over 150 years and has been proudly protecting Canadians for the last 60 of those years. We have a diverse résumé in Canada which includes being a residential and commercial title insurer for lawyers and notaries across Canada; the title insurer of choice for many complex commercial programs with financial institutions and major law firms. This unique experience has enabled us to define strong service standards, maximize technology and introduce process efficiencies, as well as refine our coverage to meet the needs of our insureds and customers.
- Reviewing and interpreting title opinions, off title searches and/or supporting documentation, while applying underwriting principles and guidelines in order to underwrite and process requests for commercial and residential Title Insurance.
- Provide information to clients with regards to title insurance, coverage and underwriting guidelines.
- Maintain new and existing client relations, while providing exceptionally customer service, including interacting with clients, answering client’s inquiries, and effectively handling client concerns.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Law Clerk designation from a community college;
- Minimum 5 years commercial and residential real estate experience in a law firm and/or title insurance environment;
- Through knowledge and understanding of both commercial and residential real estate practices, from start to finish, while understanding title issues and their resolution.
- Solid understanding and interpretation of current legal terminology.
- Highly professional with a customer service focus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail while managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible, team player that works well under pressure with minimal supervision, in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teraview, Conveyancer, econveyance;
- Willing to work overtime when required.
- French is an asset.
CTIC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with career growth opportunities. Interested candidates should forward their resume via e-mail to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.