Chicago Title Insurance Company has been providing security for real estate transactions for over 150 years and has been proudly protecting Canadians for the last 60 of those years. It has a diverse résumé in Canada which includes being a residential and commercial title insurer for lawyers and notaries across Canada; the title insurer of choice for many complex commercial programs with financial institutions and major law firms. This unique experience has enabled it to define strong service standards, maximize technology and introduce process efficiencies, as well as refine its coverage to meet the needs of insureds and customers. Chicago Title Insurance Company is a division of a company proud to be featured year after year on the prestigious Fortune 500 listing.
The candidate for this position will be perfectly bilingual (oral and written) and will be responsible for carrying out searches, analyze results and prepare documentation in compliance with the company’s guidelines.
- Collect the required information on the property and the companies involved in a real estate transaction in accordance with the company’s guidelines
- Analyze opinions on title (often complex), certificates of location, plans, index of immovables, corporate information and identify title defects and irregularities
- Communicate and coordinate efficiently with all the parties involved in a real property transaction
- Manage follow-ups and invoicing
- Other duties as required or assigned
- DCS in paralegal technology or diploma in Notarial Law or relevant experience
- 5 years of experience in real estate
- Diligence and meticulousness, even when under pressure
- Ability to interact cordially with the various parties involved in a transaction
- Excellent control of the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to work efficiently in a paperless environment
- Professionalism and excellent organizational skills
- Open to learn quickly new skills and to explore new methods
- Team player and great sense of cooperation
- Autonomy and judgment
CTIC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with career growth opportunities. Interested candidates should forward their resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.