Business Analyst – 12 month contract
Chicago Title Insurance Company has been providing security for real estate transactions for over 150 years and has been proudly protecting Canadians for the last 60 of those years. We have a diverse résumé in Canada which includes being a residential and commercial title insurer for lawyers and notaries across Canada; the title insurer of choice for many complex commercial programs with financial institutions and major law firms. This unique experience has enabled us to define strong service standards, maximize technology and introduce process efficiencies, as well as refine our coverage to meet the needs of our insureds and customers.
With our continued growth in Canada, we are looking for a Business Analyst for a 12 month contract.
- Meet with decision makers, system owners and end users to define operational requirements, systems goals as well as identify and resolve systems issues.
- Analyzes existing workflows and perform best practice benchmark gap analysis to identify opportunities to streamline processes, eliminate redundancy and ensure that processes are effective and efficient.
- Create, define and document business requirements, models and functional specifications to ensure that operational requirements are accurately represented in the design and delivery of software products and solutions.
- Oversee the design, development and implementation of system changes and upgrades while partnering with a team of developers, testers, QA and Project Managers.
- Conduct technical research on system enhancements to determine time required and compatibility with existing systems.
- Lead timely delivery of a variety of projects, interfacing with Technical team(s).
- Managing and developing client relationships.
- Performing special projects and other duties as required.
- 3+ years relevant experience in a Business Analysis role
- Previous experience working with or on software development teams
- Previous experience working with Agile and Waterfall (CMMI) methodologies
- Previous experience real estate experience in a law firm and/or title insurance environment would be an asset
- Ability to identify, formalize, and problem solve business needs
- Able to work quickly and under tight delivery deadlines with focus on details
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, and client expectations
- Disciplined, organized, detail-oriented professional with excellent communication (written and verbal)
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to interact effectively and professionally with clients
- Demonstrable evidence of analyzing and documenting business practices
- Fluent in French both oral and written would be an asset.
CTIC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with career growth opportunities with a Fortune 500 Company.
Interested candidates should forward their resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.