Commercial Law Clerk / Underwriter Title Insurance Services
For over 70 years, Chicago Title has proudly provided security for Canada’s real estate transactions. We understand the true value of our insureds’ properties; they represent more than just numbers on a statement. When it comes to our clients’ peace of mind, no detail is too small to overlook. From offering better value than anywhere else, and unmatched customer care, we will safeguard the real estate industry, one property at a time.
Owned by Fidelity National Financial, North America’s largest title insurer, we are an industry leader in title insurance solutions, customer service, and real estate technology. Our focused, Canadian-based organization lets us respond quickly to our clients’ needs. We are not just in the title insurance business, we’re in the client success business.
We put the customer first, listening carefully to hear your unique needs and provide creative solutions. We strive for results, providing world-class products and services while continually innovating to improve what we offer. We never rest, nurturing our workforce to be the top tier in the industry, letting our client experience the peace of mind they deserve.
The ideal candidate will be a client focused, highly professional with extensive experience in customer service within the real estate industry.
- Support the Assistant Vice President, Client Services
- Receive title insurance orders, review and analyze title opinions, off title searches, surveys and other supporting documentation while applying the Company’s underwriting principles and guidelines.
- Underwrite and prepare commercial title insurance policies
- Review files for accuracy and quality control
- Communicate with lawyers and law clerks to explain coverages/answering inquiries
- Provide information to clients with regards to title insurance, coverage and underwriting guidelines
- Maintain new and existing client relations, while providing exceptionally customer service, including interacting with clients, answering client’s inquiries, and effectively handling client concerns
- Other duties as required or assigned
- Law Clerk designation from a community college
- Minimum 5 years commercial real estate experience as a commercial law clerk in a law firm working on commercial real estate files from open to close and/or title insurance environment
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate practices, from start to finish, while understanding title issues and their resolution
- Solid understanding and interpretation of current legal terminology
- Highly professional with a customer service focus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail while managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Flexible, team player that works well under pressure with minimal supervision, in order to meet tight deadlines
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills
- Willing to work overtime when required
- French is an asset
CTIC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with career growth opportunities. Interested candidates should forward their resume via e-mail to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.