For over 70 years, Chicago Title has proudly provided security for Canada’s real estate transactions. We understand the true value of our insureds’ properties; they represent more than just numbers on a statement. When it comes to our clients’ peace of mind, no detail is too small to overlook. From offering better value than anywhere else, and unmatched customer care, we will safeguard the real estate industry, one property at a time.
Owned by Fidelity National Financial, North America’s largest title insurer, we are an industry leader in title insurance solutions, customer service, and real estate technology. Our focused, Canadian-based organization lets us respond quickly to our clients’ needs. We are not just in the title insurance business, we’re in the client success business.
We put the customer first, listening carefully to hear your unique needs and provide creative solutions. We strive for results, providing world-class products and services while continually innovating to improve what we offer. We never rest, nurturing our workforce to be the top tier in the industry, letting our client experience the peace of mind they deserve.
The ideal candidate will be a client focused, highly professional with extensive experience in customer service within the real estate industry.
- Reviewing and interpreting title opinions, off title searches and/or supporting documentation while applying underwriting principles and guidelines in order to
underwrite and process requests for Residential Title Insurance
- Provide information to clients with regards to title insurance, coverage and underwriting guidelines
- Maintain new and existing client relations, while providing quality customer service, including interacting with clients, answering client inquiries, and
effectively handling client concerns
- Other duties as required or assigned
- Law Clerk designation from a community college
- Minimum 5 years’ residential real estate experience in a law firm and/or title insurance environment
- Through knowledge and understanding of residential real estate practices, from start to finish
- Solid understanding and interpretation of current legal terminology
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Highly professional with a customer service focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail while managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Must work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teraview, Conveyancer, econveyance
- French is an asset
- Ability to work 12 – 8 pm shift
CTIC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with career growth opportunities with a Fortune 500 Company.
Interested candidates should forward their resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.