Law Clerk/ Underwriter Title Services
For over 70 years, Chicago Title has proudly provided security for Canada’s real estate transactions. When it comes to peace of mind, no detail is too small to overlook. From offering better value than anywhere else, and unmatched customer care, we will safeguard the real estate industry, one property at a time. Owned by Fidelity National Financial, North America’s largest title insurer, we are an industry leader in title insurance solutions, customer service, and real estate technology. Our focused, Canadian-based organization lets us respond quickly to our clients’ needs. We’re not just in the title insurance business, we’re in the client success business.
We put the customer first, listening carefully to hear your unique needs and provide creative solutions. We strive for results, providing world-class products and services while continually innovating to improve what we offer. We never rest, nurturing our workforce to be the top tier in the industry, letting our clients experience peace of mind.
With our continued growth in Canada, we are seeking a Law Clerk/Underwriter on a part time basis.
- Reviewing and interpreting title opinions, off title searches and/or supporting documentation while applying underwriting principles and guidelines in order to underwrite and process requests for Residential Title Insurance;
- Provide information to clients with regards to title insurance, coverage and underwriting guidelines;
- Maintain new and existing client relations, while providing quality customer service, including interacting with clients, answering clients inquiries, and effectively handling client concerns;
- Other duties as required or
- Law Clerk designation from a community college;
- Minimum 5 years residential real estate experience in a law firm and/or title insurance environment;
- Through knowledge and understanding of residential real estate practices, from start to finish, while understanding title issues and their resolution.
- Solid understanding and interpretation of current legal terminology.
- Highly professional with a customer service skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to pay attention to detail while managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Flexible, team player that works well under pressure with minimal supervision, in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong computer skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teraview, Conveyancer, econveyance;
- Willing to work overtime when required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, any shift between 8 am to 8 pm.
- Full-time or part-time hours available.
- French is an asset.
As an employee of Chicago Title, you will have the satisfaction of working in a progressive and diverse organization.
Together, we are a cohesive unit working towards one common purpose. We encourage a positive team-based atmosphere where every employee knows their efforts are making a difference. With a transparent business approach, every employee is aware of the direction of the company and accepts accountability for their actions. Legal Counsel, Underwriting Providing our employees with a nurturing environment and opportunities to grow and excel is one of our top priorities. We pride ourselves on fostering a fair and respectful environment that encourages employees to pursue their career goals. Our employees are passionate about providing the products, solutions and expertise our clients need for their success – and ours. Promotion and hiring from within are important trademarks of the Chicago Title way!
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Plan (Health and Dental)
- RRSP Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Vacation and Personal Care days
- Recognition for years of service
- Annual Corporate Awards recognition