Legal Assistant/Paralegal Underwriting
Chicago Title Insurance Company has been providing security for real estate transactions for over 150 years and has been proudly protecting Canadians for the last 60 of those years. We have a diverse résumé in Canada which includes being a residential and commercial title insurer for lawyers and notaries across Canada; the title insurer of choice for many complex commercial programs with financial institutions and major law firms. This unique experience has enabled us to define strong service standards, maximize technology and introduce process efficiencies, as well as refine our coverage to meet the needs of our insureds and customers.
- Process residential title insurance orders received by telephone, fax, email or through our online platform CTIC Express
- Assist in the preparation of commercial title insurance policies
- Carry out various searches on internal and external databases (ex.: land registry, REQ, and JLR), organize search results for future reference
- Communicate with lawyers, notaries and clients, to explain our search requirements, underwriting guidelines, coverages offered, premiums and procedures
- Work as a team with other underwriters to meet our deadlines and provide support
- Maintain a positive attitude and a high level of professionalism
- Invoicing and follow-ups for accounts receivables
- Overtime, as required
- Other duties as required or assigned
- DCS in Paralegal Technology or relevant experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in English and French
- Focus and precision, even in a bustling atmosphere
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Capacity to work in a paperless environment
- Open to learning new skills and to explore different ways to achieve goals
- Team spirit and willingness to collaborate with co-workers
- Autonomy and judgment
The candidate must have or obtain certification as a damage insurance agent with l’Autorité des marchés financiers, at the Company’s cost.
CTIC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with career growth opportunities with a Fortune 500 Company.
Interested candidates should forward their resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.