Manager, Commercial Title Services
For over 70 years, Chicago Title has proudly provided security for Canada’s real estate transactions. We understand the true value of our insureds’ properties, they represent more than just numbers on a statement. When it comes to our clients’ peace of mind, no detail is too small to overlook. From offering better value than anywhere else, and unmatched customer care, we will safeguard the real estate industry, one property at a time.
Owned by Fidelity National Financial, North America’s largest title insurer, we are an industry leader in title insurance solutions, customer service, and real estate technology. Our focused, Canadian-based organization lets us respond quickly to our clients’ needs. We’re not just in the title insurance business, we’re in the client success business.
We put the customer first, listening carefully to hear your unique needs and provide creative solutions. We strive for results, providing world-class products and services while continually innovating to improve what we offer. We never rest, nurturing our workforce to be the top tier in the industry, letting our client experience the peace of mind they deserve.
- Support the Assistant Vice President, National Underwriting
- Reviewing and interpreting title opinions, off title searches and/or supporting documentation, while applying underwriting principles and guidelines in order to underwrite and process requests for commercial Title Insurance
- Reviewing and approving draft commitments to title insure prepared by commercial underwriters in accordance with underwriting authority
- Provide information to clients with regards to title insurance, coverage and underwriting guidelines
- Maintain new and existing client relations, while providing exceptionally customer service, including interacting with clients, answering client inquiries, and effectively handling client concerns
- Monitor employee productivity in order to ensure service level are being met, providing back up support as required
- Identify and implement opportunities to increase efficiency, and create strategies to boost productivity
- Address problems with work quality, issues between employees and other concerns in an effective, timely manner
- Provide constructive feedback, coaching and mentoring while motivating the team
- Conduct performance reviews
- Ensure employees adhere to company policies and procedures
- Responsible for staff scheduling, including but not limited to work assignments, employee training, employee vacations, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations
- Administer standard and ad hoc reporting
- Other duties as required or assigned
- Law Degree and a member of the Law Society of Ontario
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant commercial real estate experience in a law firm and/or title insurance environment
- Minimum three (3) years’ of experience in a managerial role
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate practices, while understanding title issues and their resolution
- Solid understanding and interpretation of current legal terminology
- Highly professional with a customer service focus
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills, the ability to train and develop new and existing staff
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Ability to pay attention to detail while managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- French and residential real estate experience are assets
CTIC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with career growth opportunities. Interested candidates should forward their resume via e-mail to email@example.com.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chicago Title Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in our selection process are available upon request. We can be reached by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: 55 Superior Blvd, Unit 100, Mississauga, Ontario L5T 2X9
- Fax: 1-877-916-8035