Manager Title Services
Chicago Title Insurance Company has been providing security for real estate transactions for over 150 years and has been proudly protecting Canadians for the last 60 of those years. We have a diverse résumé in Canada which includes being a residential and commercial title insurer for lawyers and notaries across Canada; the title insurer of choice for many complex commercial programs with financial institutions and major law firms. This unique experience has enabled us to define strong service standards, maximize technology and introduce process efficiencies, as well as refine our coverage to meet the needs of our insureds and customers.
- Support the Assistant Vice President of Client Services
- Monitor employee productivity in order to ensure service level are being met, providing back up support as required
- Identify and implement opportunities to increase efficiency, and create strategies to boost productivity
- Address problems with work quality, issues between employees and other concerns in an effective, timely manner
- Provide constructive feedback, coaching and mentoring while motivating the team
- Conduct file audits and performance reviews
- Ensure employees adhere to company policies and procedures
- Responsible for staff scheduling, including but not limited to work assignments, employee training, employee vacations, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations
- Reviewing and interpreting title opinions, off title searches and/or supporting documentation, while applying underwriting principles and guidelines in order to underwrite and process requests for residential Title Insurance
- Provide information to clients with regards to title insurance, coverage and underwriting guidelines
- Maintain new and existing client relations, while providing exceptionally customer service, including interacting with clients, answering client inquiries, and effectively handling client concerns
- Administer standard and ad hoc reporting
- Other duties as required or assigned
- Law Clerk designation from a community college
- Minimum 10 years’ residential and commercial real estate experience in a law firm and/or title insurance environment
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a managerial role
- Through knowledge and understanding of residential real estate practices, from start to finish, while understanding title issues and their resolution
- Solid understanding and interpretation of current legal terminology
- Highly professional with a customer service focus
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills, the ability to train and develop new and existing staff
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to make decisions quickly and confidently
- Ability to pay attention to detail while managing multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teraview, and 3rd party Conveyancing platforms
- Willing to work overtime when required
- French is an asset
CTIC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package along with career growth opportunities with a Fortune 500 Company.
Interested candidates should forward their resume via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.