Chicago Title Insurance Company has been providing security for real estate transactions for over 170 years and has been proudly protecting Canadians for the last 70 of those years. We have a diverse résumé in Canada which includes being a residential and commercial title insurer for lawyers and notaries across Canada, the title insurer of choice for many complex commercial programs with financial institutions and major law firms. This unique experience has enabled us to define strong service standards, maximize technology and introduce process efficiencies, as well as refine our coverage to meet the needs of our insureds and customers.
- Reviewing and interpreting title opinions, off title searches and/or supporting documentation while applying underwriting principles and guidelines to underwrite and process requests for Residential Title Insurance.
- Provide information to clients with regards to title insurance, coverage, and underwriting guidelines.
- Maintain new and existing client relations, while providing quality customer service, including interacting with clients, answering client inquiries, and effectively handling client concerns.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- Law Clerk designation from a community college
- Minimum 5 years’ residential real estate experience in a law firm and/or title insurance environment
- Through knowledge and understanding of residential real estate practices, from start to finish
- Solid understanding and interpretation of current legal terminology
- Proven work experience as a team leader or supervisor
- Highly professional with a customer service focus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail while managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills including thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office, Teraview, Conveyancer, econveyance
- French is an asset
- Ability to work 12 – 8 pm ET
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Comprehensive Group Benefits Plan (Health and Dental)
- RRSP Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Vacation and Personal Care days
- Recognition for years of service
- Annual Corporate Awards recognition
As an employee of Chicago Title, you will have the satisfaction of working in a progressive and diverse organization. Together, we are a cohesive unit working towards one common purpose. We encourage a positive team-based atmosphere where every employee knows their efforts are making a difference. With a transparent business approach, every employee is aware of the direction of the company and accepts accountability for their actions. Providing our employees with a nurturing environment and opportunities to grow and excel is one of our top priorities. We pride ourselves on fostering a fair and respectful environment that encourages employees to pursue their career goals. Our employees are passionate about providing the products, solutions, and expertise our clients need for their success – and ours. Promotion and hiring from within are important trademarks of the Chicago Title way!
Interested candidates should forward their resumes via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Chicago Title Insurance Company is an equal-opportunity employer. Accessibility accommodations for candidates with disabilities participating in our selection process are available upon request. We can be reached by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: 55 Superior Blvd, Unit 100, Mississauga, Ontario L5T 2X9
- Fax: 1-877-916-8035